Hans Van de Cauter obtained his Bachelor’s degree in law in Dutch in Brussels (KUB 1991-1993), and then pursued his Master’s degree in law in French at the catholic University of Leuven (UCL).He obtained his diploma in 1996 (with “Honors”).
He is perfectly bilingual and has a good knowledge of English and German. He took the lawyer’s oath on 4 October 1996. He is member of the Dutchspeaking Brussels Bar.
After one year of social law he specialized mainly in real estate and commercial law as from 1997. He has a wide knowledge of Belgian and international law. During his work, he obtained a degree in business law (ULB, 2003-2005) and in real estate (Solvay, 2005-2006).
Hans Van de Cauter has already pleaded cases in all the provinces of Belgium and holds a wide experience in litigation. He already dealt with almost 1.000 cases for his own account or for the account of other lawyers. He regularly lectures in real estate law and wrote several publications in this area.
- 2001 and 2017: Security-coordinator (Kluwer)
- 2010 and 2017: Co-ownership (Kluwer)
- 2013: Mortgage credit (Larcier)
- 2009-2010: Drafting of real estate contracts for CIB (Association of real estate agents)
- April 2014 : conference on Retail law
- 2010 : Co-ownership and Soil pollution (CIB)
- 2007 – 2017 : splitted real estate rights : usufruct, long lease and construction right (2 times per year) (Kluwer)
Mobile : +32 (0)475/30.65.21